Sunday, July 5, 2009

Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Well, really, it was the stroke of noon. And I wasn't eating a croissant and toting a take-out coffee.

But I do have something new and sparkly that comes in the turquoise box in the tiny turquoise shopping bag that puts a lilt in one's step for days. Without a wedding to pay for next month, I figured someone owed me a diamond -- and it turns out it's me! I also wanted to celebrate no medical tests until October, and finishing the book, and nearly finishing the epilogue drawing series -- later this week, probably. And I bought myself a white dress. But this one's more like a slip, and from the 1920's, with white embroidery. Now that every day is over 100 degrees here I need something white and light and airy -- the prototypical summer dress -- to wear with ankle-tied espadrilles and a tan. But I think I can wear it in winter, too, over a turtleneck and with black ribbed stockings and short boots -- rockin' that turn-of-the-century Death in Venice look. In any case, it's one of those prototypical dresses that's timeless and like something I draw.

And I wore a hibiscus flower in my hair while I shopped. Happy day. (Smile) Sometimes I do take good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment